Food & Consumer Protection Dept. works towards the following objectives:
- Food security to poor people.
- Supply of food grains and other items at subsidized rate to the Above Poverty Line (APL), Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Antyodaya families.
- Supply of free food grains to old destitute under Annapurna scheme.
- To control price, black marketing and hoarding of essential commodities.
- To control adulteration of Petrol and Diesel.
- To ensure proper distribution of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG).
- Protection of consumer's rights and their welfare.
- To provide Minimum Support Price of grains to the farmers through procurement.
- Supply of subsidized Kerosene Oil to the consumers.